Friday, June 29, 2018

Vacations and County Roads


Last weekend was our 12 year wedding anniversary so we loaded up the dogs and headed to Corpus Christi Texas. Of course like everything that we have done since moving here it was full of adventure.  We rented a condo near the beach. The condo was beautiful, but you could tell that it had been damaged from previous hurricanes. We tried to overlook the rust in the tub and the ceiling that looked like it was ready to fall in. It really was a nice condo. We learned that with a beach pass for $12 you could drive on the beach and park and hang out.  Especially if you have met Sadie you know how much she loves water. We get down on the beach and have to have the dogs on a leash, Sadie gets a sniff of that fresh ocean breeze and is ready to run. I don’t know if you know this or not but dogs have better grip on wet sand than on any other material. Sadie was so strong I felt like I was holding a 500lb bull. Jeff takes her into the ocean and of course Sadie being Sadie she is drinking every ounce of slat water that she can! Drake on the other hand is not so sure about this salt water or sand. He ran for a bit but than was not interested in any of it at all!  So in the bed of the truck he went. We got Sadie out of the ocean for a bit because we knew it wasn’t good for her to drink all that water. After a while she was throwing up and other lovely things.  Soon we head back to th3e condo, the dogs are tired, and we are too especially after holding Sadie back from swimming. Of course, by the next day both dogs are itching and they still are after 2 flea baths. Im sure you’ve read by now about the sea lice in Destin, so not sure if they have fleas or lice!!!! Saturday nigh we order pizza and eat it on the beach when we finally go back to the condo the satellite is out I take a shower and get out & notice there is water all on the floor of the bathroom, I walk into a closet connected to the bathroom to see if there is water there. No, water until I step on it and then water starts seeping up the joints on the new hardwood floor!!!!!!  I immediately call the lady we rented it from and she was out of town. She later informed me that the tub had to be replaced!! WE leave out on Sunday am, about an hour from home I start itching really bad. By Monday at work I have hived everywhere! I leave work early and go to the DR who tells me I am having an allergic reaction to something. Shot of prednisone and I should be good. 3 days later and spots are coming and going so now I am on 10 days of Prednisone. So much fun down here in Texas!! I can only assume that I must have some big blessings coming being in Texas for all the crazy stuff that is happening!!!

On another note we have been looking for land to buy in Lampasas so we have been driving back roads and county roads to see what we can see. We have stumbled across some of the most unusual things on these county roads and then of course some of the most beautiful such as seeing a fawn that was probably 5 days old in a yard. There are so many windmills and cows and driveways that have these grand entrances.  Oh yeah and when you hear about Texas pride it is a real thing! These folks wave their American and Texas flags with pride!



No comments:

Post a Comment